11 Dec Mindfulness & Emotion Regulation Workshop for Children
55 Eglinton Ave E #305
Toronto, ON M4P 1G8
Next date for this workshop to be determined post COVID-19
This 8 week program is ideal for children 8 – 10 years old who exhibit challenges participating in day to day activities related to attention, hyperactivity & impulsivity. The group will help your child increase their awareness of mind and body cues, learn strategies to support self-regulation at home and in school and learn to be part of a group & recognize each person’s contributions. Plus weeks 1 and 8 are for parents, to help them learn to use these strategies at home.
- Increase awareness of mind and body cues
- Learn strategies to support self-regulation at home and in the classroom
- Learn to be a member of a group and recognize each individual’s valuable contribution to the group
- Zones of Regulation
- Mindfulness based approaches
- Cognitive and Sensorimotor tools
- Environmental modifications
- Play based activities
Parent Workshop from 7:15 – 8:30 pm
- Jan. 30 and Apr. 2, 2020
Kids Group from 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Feb. 6, 13 & 20, 2020 (no session Feb. 27)
- Mar. 5, 19 & 26, 2020 (no session Mar. 12)
Fee for the 8 week program is $750.
Workshop is limited to 5 participants. Please note that registration cost for groups is not covered by OHIP. For private insurance plans, please check directly with your benefits provider for coverage.
An assessment for this group is required to ensure the group is the right fit for your child.
Fee for this 30 minute assessment with our Occupational Therapist is $75.