Our team approach involves multiple experts and several sessions. Here is a roadmap:
1. Medical Intake: You’ll meet with the physician to discuss concerns, share relevant background information, and review medical history. This initial appointment also helps us make sure our services are right for you, matching your needs to the types of assessments we offer.
2. Testing: Next, a psychometrist, psychologist or psychological associate, will test over a series of sessions. There are approximately 8 hours of direct testing in total.
3. Team Meeting to review results: Before we meet with you for feedback, the clinicians involved in the assessment will meet to examine test results and discuss diagnoses. They will also devise the next steps in a personalized, evidence-based treatment plan.
4. Psychology Feedback: When the report is complete, you’ll meet with a member of the psychology team to discuss the results of testing. You’ll be provided with a written report that can be shared with schools for support and accommodations. You will also have an opportunity to discuss the recommended treatment plan.
5. Physician Feedback: Our physician will meet with you following the assessment to discuss medication options if applicable. If you decide to proceed with medications, the physician will work with your family doctor or pediatrician to find the right treatment.
6. Treatments and follow-up with the Clinical Strategist: At Possibilities we offer only scientifically-based treatments and interventions. As part of our commitment, we monitor progress to make sure we are on the right track. After 10 non-medical treatment sessions, you will receive a complimentary one-hour meeting with a Clinical Strategist who will review progress and help plan your next steps. Treatment sessions are not included in the cost of the assessments.
Yes. Since a specialized physician is involved in all of our assessments, a doctor’s referral is required. If you are unable to access your family doctor or paediatrician during COVID-19, please contact our office for possible options.
Fill out the intake forms on our website at https://possibilitiesclinic.com/age-3-17/ for children and https://possibilitiesclinic.com/age-18/ for adults. Once we have this form and the physician referral, our Coordinator will call you to set up an appointment. For any questions, email us at email@example.com or call 416-482-5558 to speak to our Clinical Coordinator.